Walnut Shortbread Stars6 November 2020
- 50g walnut pieces
- 110g salted butter, at room temperature
- 50g caster sugar
- 175g plain flour, sifted, plus a little extra for dusting
- 50g rice flour
- a little icing sugar for dusting
- Blend the walnuts using the pulse switch on a food processor but do not over blend as they will go oily.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and cream together until pale and fluffy.
- Then mix the sifted flour and rice flour together and gradually work this into the creamed mixture, a tablespoonful at a time.
- Add the ground walnuts and use your hands to form the mixture into a smooth dough.
- Remove and cover with cling film and allow the dough to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes,
- Pre-heat oven to 150ºC.
- Remove from the fridge and roll it out on a lightly floured work surface into a round approximately 20 cm in diameter.
- Now, using a 7.5cm star cutter to cut out approximately 10 stars, re-rolling the trimmings carefully if needed.
- Place them on the lightly greased baking sheet and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until firm and cooked but with minimal colour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dredge with the icing sugar and either serve or transfer to an airtight container.
We would love to see your creations! Tag us on social media @SearcysLondon #StayinwithSearcys