Cast your vote for Searcys as the ‘Best Event Provider’ at M&IT Awards21 February 2023
Have you hosted an event with Searcys over the past year? We would love your support. Please vote for Searcys as the Best Event Provider here.
The brainchild of legendary confectioner John Searcy, who founded the company in 1847, impeccable service and world-class catering remain at the heart of the Searcys. A true creative culinary force, John began his illustrious career cooking for the Duke of Northumberland, before bringing his talents to London and establishing the city’s go-to events company.
Renowned for our culinary creations and Champagne, Searcys is now in residence at some of the most unique and historic venues across the UK, from the iconic Barbican and the grandeur of 116 Pall Mall, The Pump Room and The HAC, to the sleek modernity of The Gherkin and the elegance of St Pancras Champagne Bar and The Royal Institution.
Searcys offers a taste of indulgence at every turn, with a menu featuring fresh, seasonal dishes that are sustainable, delicious and expertly paired with an extensive selection of champagnes and wines, including Searcys’ own range, also available to purchase online.
Recognised for our signature, seasonal dishes with a modern twist, be it an indulgent canape reception, an intimate dining experience or an extravagant party, Searcys work has been celebrated by a plethora of awards, including the recent CATEY’s Events Caterer of the Year, 11 accolades at London Venue Awards and three TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice Awards (2022).
Coming out of a successful 2022, we would like to thank all our customers for the trust and continued support.
Make it special, make it Searcys.
Why choose Searcys?
- We design unique and creative events.
Whatever the occasion, we have the solution for you. We create unique and creative events which can be tailored to you with added extras from champagne fountains and themed tasting menus to culinary masterclasses, led by our panel of experts and trusted partners. To take your bespoke event to the next level, we have also launched the Searcys Champagne Coupé – a 1935 Rolls Royce converted into a champagne bar on wheels, now in residence at Battersea Power Station, but soon to be available to book for your special event, from birthdays and private parties to weddings.
- Our chefs create beautiful seasonal dishes
At Searcys, we champion local produce, with fresh fruit, vegetables, cheese and dairy coming from our local supply network. For example, we only use British-harvested rapeseed oil in cooking, British-milled flour for all our baking, and British-reared and dry-cured bacon. All our eggs are Free Range, milk is British Red Tractor-certified, and meat and poultry are only sourced by British farms. You can find more here.
- We are part of the community
With generosity at the core of Searcys’ DNA, we launched a charity pledge to raise £175k by the end of 2022, with the target being reached in December 2022. This included the #CookforUkraine UNICEF appeal (£11k raised) and the fundraiser Searcys Ball in support of hospitality charity Beyond Food and dinner in support of Young Classical Artists Trust (with £41k raised through these activities). We continue to give back to our charity partners day in and day out. We run Brigade Bar+Kitchen in London Bridge, a social enterprise restaurant for hospitality charity Beyond Food Foundation. Every booking you make supports its vital work with Londoners in need.
- Fun with a touch of indulgence
Recognising a demand for more indulgent experiences, we have created a year-long line-up of 50+ events available for all, across our venues at various price points to accommodate a diverse range of audiences. Our ticketed events span from champagne masterclasses and wine-tasting events to seasonal activations, themed afternoon teas, comedy nights, workshops, speaker events with inspiring professionals and classical concerts in collaboration with the London Chamber Orchestra. Discover more here.
- Service with finesse
Searcys’ hospitality and famously warm welcome is what makes us proud to be in service for over 175 years. In 2022, we received 9,483 4* and 5* reviews across our restaurants, whilst Searcys at the Gherkin, The Barbican and The Pump Room in Bath were recognized by TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2022. Last year, we’ve also been proud to be awarded CATEYs Event Caterer of the Year by The Caterer magazine.
2022 key achievements
- We celebrated our 175th anniversary at the heart of events scene in London. We beat our £175,000 charity pledge target to celebrate our milestone. This tremendous achievement required effort and imagination from every one of our team members and we are immensely proud of our achievement.
- We hosted over 15,600 events, welcomed over 50,000 event attendees, served 100,000 cups of tea and poured 175,000 glasses of Champagne.
- We became a Disability Confident Employer and now have 12 qualified Mental Health First Aiders across the business.
- October 2022 saw the return of Europe’s longest Champagne Bar, St Pancras Champagne Bar, which reopened with a brand-new look following an extensive refurbishment.
- We launched our own English Sparkling Wine and a limited-edition Blanc de Blancs Champagne, now a staple on our events menus.
- As well as growing our team, we have opened three new venue accounts, now catering at The Stationers’ Hall, social enterprise restaurant, Brigade Bar + Kitchen and Church House, Westminster.