Searcys 2020 Awards Ceremony7 February 2020
Searcys celebrated the company’s achievements over the past year, along with its shared vision for the year ahead, at its annual conference and awards ceremony on 5 February 2020. Hosted at the stunning Honourable Artillery Company in Moorgate, the annual Searcys awards included a new special category: The John Searcy award, honouring team members who embody the founder’s values of hospitality excellence.
The inaugural John Searcy accolade was awarded to Pastry Chef Yvonne Graham. Having been a valued member of the Searcys team for 13 years, Yvonne was praised for her passionate and creative drive, alongside her outstanding work as a pastry chef, which included developing new ideas and themes for events.
Another big winner was Dave Hands of One Moorgate Place, who received the Brilliant Chef award. With 15 strong applications were received, Dave was applauded for his continuous work in showcasing the Searcys brand, which in turn, has helped to the success of adding several new venues to the Searcys family. Hands is also a founder of Searcys City Chefs competition. In a great year of business growth, Searcys chefs have really come to the forefront, showing true passion and innovation for the company’s ethos of British and seasonal food.
Meanwhile, the Brilliant Beverage person award was given to Alessio Aufiero from the Gherkin. Recognised by the industry as one of the best mixologists in the UK, Alessio was a standout winner, noting his absolute passion, excellence and expertise.
Focussed on the 173-year-old company’s journey and growth, the conference celebrated a number of industry accolades from across the past year; including two prestigious Foodservice Cateys. 2019 also saw Searcys restaurants achieve 221 Open Table Diners Choice Awards, while its work towards sustainability and zero-waste saw The Sustainable Restaurants Association’s award Searcys the top Three Star Rating.
With the theme to ‘Be Brilliant’, the conference also included Searcys vision for 2020: to be consistently exceptional, to deliver new and exciting event partnerships, and to ensure all guests receive the best service and experience across all venues. Proud of their partnerships and collaborations over the past year, the delegates heard what makes a company brilliant from guest speakers, which included Rob Land, MD for Lanson Champagne; London lifestyle blogger Eva Katzler, from Poppy Loves London; and Chris Stern, founder and MD of Stern Consultants.
On the conference, Kate Bell, Head of People says, “People are at the heart of any hospitality business and are also its most loyal brand ambassadors. It was a very special night to celebrate the talent, inspiration, hard work and brilliance of those working across the business, and we look to continue that drive and passion into the new year.”
Other award winners included:
– Brilliant Service: Chiarisse Mendoza from 30 Euston Square
– Rising Star: Lucas Sharp from Searcys at Blenheim Palace
– Brilliant Financial Performance: One Moorgate Place
– Brilliant innovation Success: Bruno Pelletier, the Deputy General Manager, St Pancras by Searcys
– Sales Brilliance: Stephanie Curtis at the British Academy
– Health & Safety Brilliance: 30 Euston Square
– Brilliant Support Person: Ali Djemai from St Pancras by Searcys
– Brilliant Chef: Dave Hands from One Moorgate Place
– Brilliant Beverage Person: Alessio Aufiero from Searcys at the Gherkin
– Brilliant supervisor/Manager: Luke Cunningham from The Pump Room, Bath
– Brilliant General Manager: Tim Flageul, from Exbury Gardens
– Unsung Hero: Helen Davies, Head of Health & Safety