Pep up your Baked Potato by Searcys30 March 2020
Our Head of Product Development Annie Herriott shares some simple ways to pep up a baked potato.
• Mix canned tuna with canned cannelloni beans, finely chopped red onion, chopped parsley and mayonnaise.
• Make a simple vegan dahl using red lentils, slowly simmered in coconut milk with garlic, ground cumin and ground turmeric.
• Steam cauliflower and add to a simple cheddar cheese and English mustard sauce. This is wonderful if once you have poured it over the jackets you finish them under the grill.
• If you have reblochon cheese that would be amazing but if not any well flavoured soft rind cheese would work. In a pan fry off some chopped onion, garlic and smoked bacon. Sprinkle over the top of a cooked potato and top with a soft rind cheese. Grill for a couple of minutes until the cheese is oozing.
• Poach smoked haddock in a little milk. Make creamed spinach by steaming some spinach (either fresh or frozen) and adding in some crème Fraiche or cream. cheese. Add flaked smoked haddock to the spinach and spoon over a jacket potato.
• Fry mushrooms in some rapeseed oil with some sliced garlic, add finely chopped rosemary, tarragon and parsley.
• Mix canned tuna with a squeeze of lime, chopped chilli, chopped spring onions and chopped coriander.
• Mix smoked mackerel with crème Fraiche, horseradish and chopped spring onions.
• Steam leeks and add to a simple cheddar cheese and English mustard sauce. You can also finish the potatoes off under the grill, once you have poured it over the jackets.
• Cook sausages or chorizo and make a simple bean stew by adding them to canned beans and passata or chopped canned tomatoes and cooking for a few minutes.
• Scramble eggs and top a jacket potato with them. Add a twist of smoked salmon and a squeeze of lemon.
• Dice tomatoes, break up mozzarella and add to some stoned black olives and torn basil.