New Head Chef Opportunity4 March 2021
Location: Woodstock, Oxfordshire
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
As a Head Chef at Searcys you will be responsible for the efficient production of safe consistent high-quality food providing for a great visitor experience through a well organised, trained and motivated kitchen brigade. With direct responsibility for Hub Kitchen production and bakery.
- Supports and deputise for the Executive Chef.
- Management and leadership of the chefs, bakers, sandwich production, kitchen porters, including skills development.
- Ensure the brigade is trained in all aspects of menu, equipment and procedure as required by the Executive Chef.
- In conjunction with Executive Chef, support the development of the food & beverage offer, “Menu Planner Calendar” and the delivery by the operational team.
- Ensure the delivery of agreed sales Gross Profit Margin as budgeted.
- Ensure team and control labour costs to agreed budget.
- Support and deliver agreed site “Business Plan.”
- Coordinate with Executive Chef and Searcys Group Chef, ensuring all content is correctly allocated, costed and priced correctly.
- Manages all “food” orders and supports the Executive Chef in ordering of light equipment.
- Help forecast accurately food volume to ensure can offer full proposition and offer even at peak volumes trading periods.
- Support the Executive Chef with any investigation reports and take corrective action on stock variances, shrinkage and waste management.
- Ensures the Site is “Purchasing Compliment” in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
As our Head Chef you will possess a flair for seasonal British food, and bakery, have relevant experience within a similar environment where you’ve led a food channel delivering over £2m per year, eventing up to 400 people and a production kitchen or CPU.
As well as the above you will have formal catering qualifications, be self-motivated, analytical, objective, innovative and assertive. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy. You will motivate, lead and develop a team of staff and be a good team player and.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.
To be considered for this role please email Helen.Skinner@searcys.co.uk with your CV.