Makes 12 portions
Prep time – 45 minutes
Equipment needed – 2lb Bake Tin
- 260g unsalted butter
- 260g caster sugar
- 8 rosemary leaves
- 260g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon, zested
- 15g full-fat milk
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 125g caster sugar
- 10 rosemary sprigs
- 150g icing sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Oven 160C.
- To make the drizzle, put the lemon juice, sugar, and rosemary sprigs in a bowl and leave in a warm place, stirring occasionally. The sugar should be dissolved by the time it is needed.
- Blitz the rosemary leaves with the flour until the leaves are really fine.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in the eggs until emulsified.
- Fold in the flour and lemon zest.
- Pour into a greased and lined 2lb or 3lb loaf tin and bake for 45 mins or until cooked.
- Allow to cool for 10 mins before piercing all over with a skewer. Remove and reserve the rosemary springs and pour the drizzle all over the cake. Leave to cool in the tin.
- To make the icing, mix the icing sugar and lemon juice with enough water to form a light icing.
- Turn out cake and drizzle with icing. Garnish with reserved
- Before serving, trim ends and slice into 12 or 15 accordingly.
We would love to see your creations! Tag us on social media @SearcysLondon #StayinwithSearcys