Feeling bubbly this Valentine’s Day18 January 2021
It’s time to think outside the box and treat the ones you love, or even yourself this Valentine’s Day. Whilst your favourite restaurants and romantic spots may be closed; you can still make this year one to remember. We bring you our favourite recipes and Searcys gifts to enjoy and try this February 14th.
Bake With Love
Searcys Red Velvet Valentine Cupcakes
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 tbs cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50 g unsalted butter, softened
- 100 g caster sugar
- ½ tsp red paste food colouring
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large free-range egg
- 90 ml buttermilk
- Generous squeeze of lemon juice
Cream cheese icing
- 250 g icing sugar
- 65 g cream cheese
- 65 g unsalted butter, softened
- A generous squeeze of lemon juice
- White chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3/325°F, and line 2 muffin tins with paper cases.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until you have a soft, pale mixture then beat in the food colouring and the vanilla.
- Continue beating and add 1 spoonful of the dry ingredients, then half the egg, followed by some more dry ingredients, then the rest of the egg, followed by the dry ingredients.
- Beat in the buttermilk and lemon juice and divide the batter between the 12 cases. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Leave to fully cool on a rack and until absolutely cold.
Cream cheese icing
- Put the icing sugar into a processor and blitz to remove any lumps.
- Add the cream cheese and butter and process to mix. Pour in the lemon juice and process again to make a smooth icing.
- Pipe icing in swirls onto each cupcake.
- Decorate with white chocolate sprinkles.
- Serve with love!
Cripsy Cake Pops
Prep time 10 minutes
Cooling time 2 hours
- 75g salted butter
- 500g marshmallows
- 300g rice crispies
- 5 – 8 drops red food colouring
- butter for greasing
- Melt butter over low heat, stir in the marshmallow and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in food colouring.
- Stir in the rice crispies until well combined.
- Grease a shallow tin. Press mixture into tin and pack down well (if your hands keep sticking rub a little butter on them).
- Leave to cool completely. Cut out heart shapes using a metal cutter.
- Push a pop stick into each one.
Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right
Give the gift of Champagne to your loved ones, or treat yourself. Searcys own Rosé Champagne has a mix of red fruit flavours with strawberry, raspberry and redcurrant. The texture is soft and creamy, followed by a long and complex finish.
Each bottle is delivered in our signature white and gold Champagne gift boxes and can be sent anywhere in the UK, with free delivery when you spend £90.
Share the Gift of Love
There is another way to show your loved one how much you care this Valentine’s Day – our gift store offers a range of gift experiences, valid for up to 10 months with extensions available. From sky-high afternoon tea, Champagne at Europe’s longest Champagne Bar, and more. If you’re struggling to find the perfect gift for your Valentine this could be just what you’re looking for.