Makes 18 cupcakesPrep time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 12 – 15 minutes
- 30ml – water, boiling
- 20g – cocoa powder
- 3 – eggs
- 175g – unsalted butter
- 165g – caster sugar
- 115g – self-raising flour
- 4g – baking powder
- 30g – desiccated coconut, toasted
- 300g – icing sugar
- 100g – unsalted butter
- 30g – cocoa powder
- 40ml – full-fat milk
- 15g – milk chocolate, melted
- 60g – desiccated coconut, toasted
- 140g – chocolate mini eggs
- 18 muffin cases
- Heat the oven to 200˚C and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift the cocoa powder into a mixing bowl.
- Mix the boiling water with the cocoa to form a thick paste.
- Add the remaining cake ingredients to the mixture and beat.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 18 paper cases.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until they are well risen and springy to the touch.
- Leave the muffins to cool on a wire rack.
- Beat the icing sugar, butter and cocoa powder together.
- Add the milk and melted milk chocolate and beat on high for 5 minutes.
- Using a piping bag with a fluted nozzle, pipe a nest of frosting on top of each cake.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the frosting and place 3 chocolate eggs in the middle of each nest.
We would love to see your creations! Tag us on social media@SearcysLondon #StayinwithSearcys