Makes 1.75 litres
Prep time – 40-50 minutes
Cooking time – 55 minutes
- 1.75kg Early Windsor eating apples (unprepared weight)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 650g granulated sugar
- 175ml white wine vinegar
- 175ml red wine vinegar
- 175ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds 400g onions, diced
- 350g cranberries
- Wash, peel, core and chop the apples then coat them with lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix all ingredients except the cranberries in a large, thick-bottomed pan. Bring to a simmer whilst stirring to dissolve the sugar
- Continue to simmer for about 45 minutes without a lid and stirring occasionally to stop it sticking – by which time the chutney will have thickened and become shiny.
- Add the cranberries and cook for a further 10 minutes or so until they have softened but not burst.
- Spoon the chutney into sterilised jars
- Store unopened in a cool, dark place. The chutney will keep for up to 6 months and will improve as it matures.
We would love to see your creations! Tag us on social media @SearcysLondon #StayinwithSearcys