Makes 12 portions
Prep time – 2 hours
Equipment – 23cm round deep cake tin, 12 slice cake divider
- 125g courgettes, peeled and grated
- 125g parsnip, peeled and grated
- 125g beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2 eggs
- 280g caster sugar
- 240ml sunflower oil
- 375g plain flour
- 6g salt
- 5g bicarbonate of soda
- 3g baking powder
- 8g ground cinnamon
- 4g lemon zest
- 375g fondant icing
- 60g beetroot, peeled and
- Oven 170C.
- Mix grated vegetables and set aside for later.
- Whisk egg and sugar and slowly add oil to emulsify.
- Sieve dry ingredients and fold into the egg mixture. Add grated vegetables followed by lemon zest and mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into a greased and lined 23cm cake tin and bake for 1 hour and 30 mins or until cooked.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 mins and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool fully.
- To glaze, melt fondant icing in the microwave with a little water, for 10 seconds at low power until liquid, add beetroot and stir gently to combine and pour liberally over cooled cake. Leave to set.
We would love to see your creations! Tag us on social media @SearcysLondon #StayinwithSearcys