Searcys Regina Biscuits10 June 2020
2 free-range egg whites
110g caster sugar
60g ground almonds, sieved
60g unsalted butter, melted
0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Line 3 oven trays with baking parchment.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Gently fold in ground almonds. Then add butter and vanilla extract. Taking care to not knock out too much air from the mixture.
- On the prepared trays, using the back of a spoon, spread 1 teaspoonful of mixture into discs about 3cm apart. Sprinkle the mixture lightly with the flaked almonds. Bake for about 5 minutes or until browned lightly around edges, I would recommend you do this one tray at a time to give you time to mould them once they are baked. The prepared raw discs will come to no harm whilst they wait to be baked.
- The biscuits will be soft when they come out of the oven, so lift them quickly and carefully with a spatula, and place them immediately over a clean rolling pin or wine bottle to get a curved shape. They cool very quickly.
- When cooled completely, transfer to an airtight container.
- Wonderful with ice creams, mousses or fools, or as a treat with a good cup of tea or coffee
We would love to see your creations! Tag us on social media @SearcysLondon #StayinwithSearcys