General Catering Assistant Opportunity26 March 2021
General Catering Assistant
£8.91 per hour
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
As a General Catering Assistant for Searcys you will provide a friendly catering service, performing a variety of manual tasks associated with food production and service in the location.
- Assist in the preparation of food and snacks.
- Keep the kitchen and restaurant areas in a clean and tidy state at all times.
- Provide friendly, efficient and hygienic service to all customers.
- Ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service.
- Be customer-focused at all times, by being visible during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- Project a willing and helpful attitude to customers.
- Seek the appropriate knowledge of food items sold throughout catering areas.
- Keep areas and service counters clean and fully stocked.
- Customer Service experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Numerate, counting cash may be required.
- Good organisation skills.
- Smart, clean appearance.
- Friendly, pleasant, and able to build rapport easily.
- Reliable and able to work well within a team.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venues.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.
To be considered for this role please email Shelley.Angell@searcys.co.uk with your CV.