Makes 14 portions
Prep time – 45 minutes
Equipment needed – deep muffin tins, muffin cases
- 60ml water
- 40g cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 175g unsalted butter 165g caster sugar
- 115g self-raising flour
- 4g baking powder
- 300g icing sugar
- 100g unsalted butter 40g cocoa
- 40g full-fat milk
- 15g milk chocolate, melted
- 40g milk chocolate, grated
- Oven 200C.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift cocoa into a bowl and pour in the boiling water and mix to a thick paste.
- Add remaining cake ingredients and beat.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 14 paper cakes. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until well risen and spongy to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- To make frosting, beat icing sugar, butter and cocoa together.
- Add milk and melted chocolate.
- Once combined beat on high for about 5 minutes.
- Pipe swirls onto cooled cupcakes and finish with a sprinkle of chocolate.
We would love to see your creations! Tag us on social media @SearcysLondon #StayinwithSearcys