Assistant Chef Opportunity26 March 2021
£12.75 per hour
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
As Assistant Chef at Searcys your prime function is to work hands on for the preparation productivity of the kitchen department and its operating standards, support the daily duties within the entire kitchen department and guide the freelance and junior chefs in all menu production and business needs.
- Ensuring food quality and standards are maintained to the kitchen and menu requirements and required specification as set out by the Sous Chefs, Head Chef and/or Executive Chef.
- Help with the daily section ordering and stock levels required to maintain the kitchen’s production in line with the business needs.
- Adhere to the company Food Safety Management System, ISO documents and Health & Safety Policy
- Deputise for Sous Chefs in their absence on their current working section.
- Support the kitchen department including all work needed as the supervisor of all elements from breakfast, canapés, finger food, bowl food and plated dishes.
- Provide guidance to the junior chefs, freelance chefs and porters, including but not limited to preparation, cooking and tastings of the core menu dishes
- Oversee and organise sections stock and ingredients both preparation and stock holding in collaboration with the Sous Chefs.
- Ensures a first in – first out rotation system and checks all food is correctly dated, labelled and organised in line with food safety policy.
- Helps manage food and production levels by keeping record of waste, stock holding and raise any food cost concerns.
- Supervise all section food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and set standards are achieved.
- Assists the Head Chef and/or Executive Chef with future menu creations and menu evolution across the operation and future business needs.
- Formal Culinary Training
- Experience within a similar role and level
- Previous Production and Event Work
- Creative, passionate and outgoing
- Good Foundation of Health and Safety as well as Food Safety
- Training to Level 2 Food Safety Management via NCASS or Equivalent
- Good management and organisation skills
- Self-Motivated and highly developed attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines whilst delivering numerous jobs on time and on budget.
- Flexibility is essential as Searcys operate a multi-style food offering within our venues.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venues
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.
To be considered for this role please email Shelley.Angell@searcys.co.uk with your CV.