Wedding & Events Coordinator – Barbican Arts Centre
- Full Time
- £27,000 per annum
The Barbican is Europe’s largest multi arts centre and Searcys are delighted to be the sole caterer for events that take place across this impressive and iconic London venue. The Barbican has a range of auditoria, rooms and spaces that can be hired for a wide variety of events, from conferences, AGMs, photoshoots and product launches to meetings, receptions and weddings – set in one of the most iconic brutalist buildings in the world.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Wedding & Event Coordinator to join the Sales & Events team for Searcys based at the Barbican Centre. This is a full time, permanent opportunity reporting directly to the Sales & Marketing Manager.
As an Event Coordinator, you will be responsible for co-ordinating all commercial and private food and beverage events within the Barbican Arts Centre. This will be achieved through providing our clients with exceptional service and innovation, supported by detailed event sheets to ensure the various departments within Searcys and the Barbican deliver to our clients expectations.
The key role responsibilities for the Wedding & Event Coordinator role are;
- To have a strong understanding of the Barbican centre and the client’s requirements to ensure that the correct information is planned thoroughly in advance and coordinated to the relevant departments
- Organise and attend event tastings, ensuring that notes and pictures are kept and prepared for events
- Conduct site visits with contracted clients and suppliers
- Liaise with internal Barbican departments to ensure the smooth running of all events
- Produce clear and concise function sheets in accordance with company standards and procedures
- Circulate weekly function sheets and daily function sheet amendments
- Provide a clear and concise handover to the events team
- Communicate clearly with the kitchen team with regards to menus
- Liaise with external suppliers to source and order specialist equipment
- Support the Sales & Marketing Manager with marketing activity as and when required
- Be aware of trends, and propose ideas to improve the range and quality of our events
- Work closely with the Head of Events and ensure time plans and requests are clearly communicated
- Upsell at all times to drive top line revenue
This is a full and varied role, where you will gain invaluable experience of working within a busy events venue. For further information about this opportunity, please do apply today and a member of Searcys will be in touch.
This exciting opportunity offers excellent potential to make a significant contribution to our business. In return for your hard work and commitment to the role, we are offering a salary of £27,000 per annum, 28 days annual leave, training and development and the opportunity to work within one of London’s most iconic venues.