Technology Support Specialist
Technology Team - Farringdon Support Office
- Farringdon - London
- Full Time - Monday to Friday
- £23,000 per annum
Searcys are the longest-running independent catering company in Britain and continue to set the standards for excellence in hospitality. We manage bars, restaurants, hotels and events at venues across London in prestigious locations such as; the Barbican Centre, the Gherkin and St Paul’s Cathedral to name a few, in addition to venues located outside of London such as The Assembly Rooms and Pump Room in Bath and Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire.
Reporting to Searcys Head of Technology, we are recruiting for a Technology Support Specialist to join the Technology team on a full time permanent basis. Success in this role will be achieved through the delivery of an effective support service, providing Technical solutions and 1st & 2nd line incident management to our users and locations whilst maintaining the core platforms that underpin the business.
Role responsibilities of Technology Support Specialist:
- Liaise with the 1st Line Service Desk to ensure incidents are effectively resolved remotely and onsite at venues
- Provide daily 2nd Line support to the Service Desk, Business Functions and Project teams
- Assist with driving an operational environment for multiple business applications from daily operational tasks, incident and problem management, change and new application/service on boarding plus ensuring a stable operating environment for the applications
- Provide support to the Head of Technology
- Assist with documenting controls, processes and procedures where necessary. Taking a sense of pride and ownership in maintaining documentation, procedures and SLAs
- Gain detailed knowledge of all business flows, the application architecture and the hardware configuration for supported applications
- Work with third parties and partners to provide a responsive and proactive support service to the business
- Assist with the timely delivery and management of key projects and new openings within SLA’s
- Assist with analysis of incidents and driving relevant feedback into Incident, Problem and Change management programs
- You will be able to demonstrate technical expertise, drive and experience to rapidly learn our technology, processes and procedures
- Approachable, proactive, confident and a self-starter with excellent organisational, time management and communication skills
- Capable of communicating technical details, solutions and information to non-technical people
- Passion for keeping up to date with and researching the latest Technologies
- Passionate and committed to both internal and external customer service excellence to deliver against the Searcys service standards
- Enhanced knowledge of Windows 10, Office365, macOS
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Windows Server environments including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DFS, IIS, Remote Desktop Services, etc.
- Previous experience of account and hardware provisioning for new starters
- Understanding of Cloud Technology Services
- Excellent software and practical knowledge of resolving Desktop/Laptop/Printer issues.
- Experience of iOS/Android device configuration/deployment
- Practical experience of networking and related principles and protocols
- A clear understanding of IT security best practice principles and controls
In return we offer a competition salary of £23,000 per annum, 28 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays), 25% discount across Searcys venues, training and development opportunities.