Technology Project Manager
- London, England
Searcys has a collection of restaurants, Champagne bars, cafes and event venues in over 25 locations across London, Bath, Oxfordshire, Shropshire, and Northumberland. Founded in 1847 by John Searcy, we are Britain’s oldest catering company. You will find us in iconic surroundings such as The Gherkin, St Paul’s Cathedral, Blenheim Palace and St Pancras International Station, and more recently, The Saatchi Gallery.
Paul Hope, Head of Technology, is looking to recruit a Technology Project Manager to the team. Reporting to the Head of Technology you will be part of a growing team responsible for delivering a range of Technologies across the company including new venue openings. Searcys are in a period of growth and require the skills of a proactive and energetic Technology Project Manager.
The role will form an integral part of the Searcys Technology team in the delivery of a range of infrastructure and customer-facing technology projects and solutions:
- Defining project scopes, goals and deliverables that support the Searcys Technology roadmap in collaboration with suppliers, customers and stakeholders.
- Developing required project plans and associated communications including documenting technical requirements and designs.
- Ensuring timely delivery and management/ownership of key projects - particularly new venue openings - within SLA’s
- Communicating project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Developing and delivering progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Determining the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analysing results and troubleshooting problem areas.
- Proactively managing changes in project scopes, identifying potential risks and devising contingency plans.
- Assisting with documenting controls, processes and procedures where necessary. Taking a sense of pride and ownership in maintaining documentation, procedures and SLAs
- Providing support to the Head of Technology, Service Desk and Business Functions
- Working with the wider Technology Teams and Business Development to research, review and recommend future innovations and solutions
- Gaining knowledge of all business flows, the application architecture and the hardware configuration for supported applications
- Closing projects - including evaluating successes and challenges to enhance learning for future projects
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Technical experience, drive and ability to rapidly learn our technology, processes and procedures
- Approachable, proactive, confident individual and a self-starter with excellent organisational, time management and communication skills
- Capable of communicating technical details, solutions and information to non-technical people
- Demonstrate your ability to work calm when under pressure and enjoy working in a fast paced environment and maintain good humour
- Passion for keeping up to date with and researching the latest technology and project methodologies
- Hands on approach to your role and a desire to learn and progress in your career
- Demonstrate a commitment to both internal and external customer service excellence to deliver against the Searcys service standards
- Experience working across a multi-site environment
- Demonstrable skills and experience in IT Project Management
- Prince 2 qualified
- ITIL Foundation
In return we offer a competitive salary of £45,000 per annum, 28 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays), company pension scheme, 25% Searcys discount across venues, access to Searcys discount portal which provides discounts across high street retailers/leisure/holidays/travel, in house training and development opportunities plus many more!