Senior Events Manager – Honourable Artillery Company
Honourable Artillery Company
- London - Moorgate
- Full Time
- £25,000 - £26,000 per annum
Searcys have just began a new partnership to provide catering at the Honourable Artillery Company in the City. The unique, historic venue in Moorgate was originally founded in 1537, and is a registered charity with a membership association, which still maintains an active regiment as a core part of today’s Army Reserve.
The magnificent Georgian mansion is set within a five-acre hidden garden, just a few minutes from Moorgate station. Inside the historic building, the Armoury House, the Prince Consort Rooms and the Artillery Garden rooms can accommodate lavish parties of 10 to 700 guests. Outside, the stunning garden offers the perfect setting for weddings, summer parties and sporting events for up to 5,000 guests.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Events Manager to join the team on a full time, permanent basis. As Senior Events Manager, you will support the wider events operation team in delivering outstanding service across the venue.
Senior Event Manager key role responsibilities:
- Ensure the smooth running and execution of all Events, Conferences, Dinners at an operational level
- Plan, organise and deliver a successful operation of the events, dining rooms and other areas within the conference and banqueting department with the assistance of the relevant department heads
- Work closely with the clients to ensure that all expectations are met from conception to the delivery of the event
- Focuses on the member’s areas and events. Oversees the planning and execution of key member activities and develops the member communications with the GM/DGM.
- To be customer focused at all times, by being visible, during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations
- To ensure effective communication and engagement for all member activities
- Knowledge of all catering setups and working closely with the set-up team to ensure all conference and Events are set according to the function sheet and as per SOP
The ideal candidate for this role will have a wealth of experience as either a Hospitality Manager or Event Manager, within a well-established conference and events venue within the City. It is essential that the successful candidate has experience of managing a large team.
In addition to this, you will have a great personality, with strong communication skills, a passion for food & beverage and delivering service with a smile. You show self-initiative and strong organisational skills with a keen eye for attention to detail to achieve the highest of standards.
In return we offer a competitive salary of £25,000 – £26,000 per annuum, 28 days annual leave, 25% discount across Searcys venues, pension scheme, and tailored training and development.