Senior Conference & Banqueting Manager
30 Euston Square
- Full Time
- £29,000 per annum
30 Euston Square, the prestigious headquarters to the Royal College of General Practitioners, is a Grade II* listed award winning events venue based in Central London adjacent to Euston Station.
With over 30 meeting and events spaces and 41 bedrooms on site, the team delivered over 1400 successful events yr-on-year. Searcys at 30 Euston Square are the onsite caterer for all occasions, which include meetings, training, conferences, private dining and social events.
Due to an internal promotion, we are currently looking to recruit a Senior Conference and Banqueting Manager. This role will assist the Deputy Operations Manager in delivering a seamless service to all areas of the department.
Senior Conference & Banqueting Manager benefits:
- £29,000 per annum
- Full time, permanent opportunity
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Meals provided whilst on shift
- Company training and development programmes
- Pension scheme
- 25% discount across Searcys venues
Senior Conference & Banqueting Manager Responsibilities:
- Plan, organise and deliver a successful operation of the auditorium and Exhibition space, the State Rooms and all back of house areas within the conference and banqueting department with the assistance of the relevant department heads.
- Liaise with other key personnel, including marketing, events and sales department in order to deliver service the meets and exceeds the client expectations.
- Brief the conference and banqueting team on all aspects of the business and to oversee the running of all events and meetings.
- Meet clients and ensure their customer journey is flawless with meeting them on arrival making sure that the event is as they require. Also ensuring that any on the day changes are passed on to the relevant people where necessary.
- Manage the conference and banqueting manager and team leaders and liaise on a daily basis with regards to the business and the delegation of staff within the hospitality areas.
- Monitor on a daily basis the standards achieved in your department, to deliver exceptional customer service and levels of attention to detail and report any areas of concerns to the deputy operations manager.
- Liaise with key people in all areas (kitchen, events, reception and AV) of the business to ensure the provision of food and service is consistent and in line with menu/standards pre-agreed.
- Ensure that on-going training is carried out to the benefit of all staff and that all training is recorded in each member’s personal file.
- Deal effectively and courteously with customer complaints, and to refer all complaints to the deputy operations manager.
- Ensure in house accounting policies are adhered to and food standard is monitored and beverages are controlled, including performing stock take in all areas including liquor, equipment and linen.
- Responsible for monitoring agency staff, ensuring that time sheets are filled in correctly and processed for payment.
- To ensure all Searcy’s personnel procedures, including disciplinary, grievance, appraisal and recruitment are followed at all times.
Deputise for the deputy operations manager in his/her absence.
- To make sure a coherent handover is submitted for the events and any issues escalated to the relevant head of department.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a wealth of experience as either a Hospitality Manager or Conference and Banqueting Manager, within a well-established conference and events venue within the City. It is essential that the successful candidate has experience of managing a large team.