Sales & Marketing Manager
- Barbican - London
- Full Time - Permanent
- £34,000 per annum plus 20% bonus
The Barbican is Europe’s largest multi arts centre and Searcys are delighted to be the sole caterer for events that take place across this impressive and iconic London venue. The Barbican has a range of auditoria, rooms and spaces that can be hired for a wide variety of events, from conferences, AGMs, photoshoots and product launches to meetings, receptions and weddings – set in one of the most iconic brutalist buildings in the world.
To aid the development of our business at the Barbican, we are currently seeking a Sales and Marketing Manager to join our Searcys Sales team. This is a full time permanent role, which is based at our offices at the Barbican Centre.
As a Sales and Marketing Manager at the Barbican centre the successful role holder will be responsible for ensuring that the sales and marketing activities deliver on Searcys brand vision to make the people we serve and work with, feel special by being consistently exceptional.
Sales & Marketing Manager Accountabilities:
- Manage all direct reports so as to ensure an effective and proactive sales process
- Work closely with the Barbican Business Events Team to agree strategy and combined activity
- Develop and deliver the annual events sales and marketing plan, for the events and banqueting for Searcys at the Barbican, which includes; Commercial events, weddings, private events, internal events, and our restaurants Bonfire and Osteria for group booking and private hires.
- Review the venues website, CRM database and email marketing platform
- Manage the venues social media platforms and presence to promote the venue
- Take accountability and ownership of the execution of relevant central sales and marketing initiatives
The successful individual will bring proactive sales, technical marketing skills and creativity to the team. In addition to this, you will also have experience/knowledge of:
- An experienced team manager
- Excellent product and industry knowledge
- Proactive sales experience gained within London venues and catering
- Excellent business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally
- Excellent time management Supportive / Team player Financially astute
- Proactive in all sales and marketing Strong presentation skills
- Target Driven
This is an exciting opportunity that offers excellent potential to make a significant contribution to our business. In return for your hard work and commitment to the role, we are offering a salary of £34,000 plus 20% bonus, 28 days annual leave, training and development and the opportunity to work within one of London’s most iconic venues.