Marketing Executive – The Gherkin
- London - City
- Full Time - Permanent
- £25,000 per annum
With its iconic glass dome roof and panoramic views, the top floors of The Gherkin impress from every angle. From corporate and special anniversary parties to weddings and private dining, this iconic venue in the heart of the City is one of Searcys flagship venues. An opportunity has arisen with the Sales & Events team where our Head Of Sales Egla, is currently looking to recruit a Marketing Executive to join the team, on a full time permanent basis.
As Marketing Executive, your role will be responsible for driving and promoting our high-end events and retail hospitality experiential brand, through the organisation of creative campaigns and promotional events to market and cultivate customers’ interest in our products and services at the Gherkin.
Marketing Executive role responsibilities:
- Contribute to the retail and events sales by conceiving and developing efficient and intuitive marketing strategies which will achieve the overall budget for the team
- Organise and oversee advertising/communication campaigns (social media etc), mail outs, exhibitions and promotional events
- Draft promotional material and liaise with the designer and printers for production
- Manage our marketing database and email distributions lists
- Provide assistant in developing our internet presence, improving search rankings, visibility, SEO schedule and PPC campaigns with our third party provider
- Edit and produce all internal venue collateral, e.g. menus etc
- Prepare and review marketing statistics and assess the results of marketing campaigns to maximise awareness
- Conduct market research and analysis to evaluate trends, brand awareness and competition ventures
- Work in conjunction with the PR and Head of Sales to manage key client initiatives
- Participate in sales forecasting, planning, researching and goal setting for the venue
- Contribute to the venue business planning process working with the Head of Sales and Business Development Manager to support the Marketing plan and strategy
The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate for the “art” of marketing and will have an abundance of ideas for building efficient strategies. You will be a natural self-starter, who is passionate about bringing new ideas forward and executing these to add value to the sales and events team at the Gherkin. Previous experience as a Marketing Executive is desirable; however we are open to graduate applications for this role.
In return, we offer a competitive salary of £25,000 per annum, 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays, 25% Searcys discount across our venues, company pension scheme, and training and development to support you in your role.