Sales & Event Executive – Searcys at the Gherkin
- London - Searcys at the Gherkin
- Full Time - Permanent
- £26,000 per annum plus bonus
With its iconic glass dome roof and panoramic views, the top floors of The Gherkin impress from every angle. From corporate and special anniversary parties to weddings and private dining, this iconic venue in the heart of the City is one of Searcys flagship venues. An opportunity has arisen with the Sales & Events team where our Head Of Sales Egla, is currently looking to recruit a Sales & Events Executive to join the team, on a full time permanent basis.
As a Sales & Events Executive, you will proactively identify opportunities and convert enquiries to achieve the Gherkin’s annual sales budget, in line with the overall marketing plan. In addition to this, the successful candidate will co-ordinate and provide support to the wider Sales & Events team to ensure that events run smoothly and successfully.
This is a full and varied role, which gives excellent exposure to both Sales and Events. The key role responsibilities for this role are to;
- Proactively identify, develop and convert revenue from new business leads
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with key accounts to maximise sales opportunities
- Drive the referral system and refer business as appropriate to Central Sales
- Build a strong relationship with the front of house and kitchen teams
- Coordinate booked events up to the day of guest arrivals
- Host menu tastings and upsell where appropriate, and discuss event requirements to ensure that we deliver a memorable experience
- Liaise with external suppliers to source and order equipment
- Support the reactive sales function when required
- Identify and attend networking events, promotions events, exhibitions and trade shows
- Support the promotion of the venue via social media as and when required
- Produce regular sales reports on your activities and future pipeline and feedback at the sales team meetings
- Produce clear and concise function sheets in accordance with company standards and procedures, ensuring that these are clear and concise for the banqueting team for the day of the event
- Manage the venue booking and CRM system to ensure accurate reporting
- Ensure all administration and payment processes are followed in accordance with company procedures
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role, venue and Searcys we offer a competitive salary of £26,000 per annum, 25% discount across Searcys venues, 28 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays), pension scheme, training and development, and an award winning venue to work at!