Hospitality Manager – Retail & Restaurant
- Kensington - West London
- Full Time
- £30,000 per annum
Searcys are delighted to work with the Design Museum, which is the world’s leading museum of contemporary design and architecture, based in Kensington, West London.
The Design Museum is one of London’s most iconic and sought after contemporary event venues. Each event space is housed under the incredible roof, which is an original feature from this landmarks building’s former use as the Commonwealth Institute. There are six different event spaces within the building which can cater for 200+ pax, in addition to a café and restaurant which offers customers and members a grab and go offer, deli bar and restaurant.
We are looking to recruit a Hospitality Manager to support our General Manager in ensuing excellence is deliver across the catering contract. As Hospitality Manager, the successful candidate will support the General Manager closely to ensure the smooth operation of our retail café and restaurant, in addition to supporting events as and when required. Therefore, the ideal candidate must have a strong operational understanding of managing retail outlets/restaurants.
- Manage from the front the retail café and restaurant which will include the day to day operation, offer, service, quality, financial performance, labour scheduling, budgets, ordering, stock control etc
- Day to day line management of the front of house team which are multi skilled to work across the café, restaurant and event space
- Inspire, develop and nurture talent within the team, in order to support a culture of service excellence to our guests
- Support the General Manager with any HR related queries for the site and manage our HR platform, including adding new starters, leavers onto the payroll system and ensure all due diligence checks are completed with the support of HR
- Financial administration to include, payroll, processing invoices, inputting stock take figures
- Ensure all company and client policies and procedures are adhered to regarding Health & Safety
- Build a strong rapport with the client and support team, to ensure that a professional and reliable relationship is established
- Work closely with the Executive Chef to ensure standard and quality of food is maintained to Searcys brand promises
Success in this role will come from being able to deliver exceptional service to our customers, whilst motivating and supporting your team. Candidates who have previous experience of working within a similar role is advantageous; corporate contract catering/B&I/restaurants/hotels.
We offer a competitive salary of £30,000 per annum and company benefits, which include 28 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays), 25% discount at our venues, company pension, great career development and training.