Head Of Operations – Helix & Iris at the Gherkin
- Full Time - Permanent
- £55,000 per annum
Designed by Foster & Partners 15 years ago the Gherkin is one of London’s most iconic skyscrapers. Searcys were privileged to open the original restaurant and event space, and this year we are celebrating the launch of its new restaurant Helix, bar Iris and private dining rooms.
Karim LeCloarec, General Manager at the Gherkin is currently looking to recruit a Head of Operations, on a full time permanent basis. As Head of Operations, the successful role holder will be responsible for delivering exceptional and consistent service to our guests across our retail and event business, in line with financial and operational budgets.
We are extremely proud of the team for winning ‘Front Of House Team of the Year’ at the 2018 Food Service Catey awards. Therefore, the successful role holder will have experience within a high profile City venue that is renowned for its guest service.
Head of Operations role responsibilities:
- Recruit, train and develop a strong front of house team to ensure that we deliver the best guest experience in the industry across our bar, restaurant and event functions.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Chef and Head of Sales to ensure that service and standards are exceeded across the private dining, events, bar and restaurant
- Proactively review SOP (Standard of procedure) and strive to improve on standards
- Obtain and review guest feedback and work closely with the senior management team to identify improvement opportunities
- Evaluate current systems, standards and procedures to drive improvements
- Ensure all HR compliance is completed and adhered to including the administration of payroll, sickness, rotas etc
- Maintain strict adherence to Health & Safety compliance which involves but is not limited to; risk assessments, fire risk assessments, accident reports, Health & Safety training
- Financial accountability for liquor GP, labour, maintenance and equipment
- Ownership of ordering new equipment in line with budgets
- Responsible for reporting building and equipment maintenance issues and managing any actions
- Completion of weekly and monthly reports to the General Manager
The ideal candidate for this role will be a hands on leader to the front of house team, whilst understanding the importance of embedding process and organisation to support the day-to-day operation. In addition to this, the ideal candidate will have experience of;
- Fine dining/events/restaurant experience within a well-respected company
- Leading a large team core team of 20 plus, in addition to a casual bank of front of house staff
- Financial accountability within a multi-faceted high volume operation
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry within London is essential to identify key trends and keep up to date with competition
- Driving guest satisfaction and building a reputation for the venue or restaurant around this