- London, England
Designed by Foster & Partners 15 years ago the Gherkin is one of London’s most iconic skyscrapers. With panoramic views across the City, Searcys manage the Helix restaurant and Iris bar, in addition to corporate and social events. The Gherkin offers one of the most unique and memorable spaces for events in London.
As rare and as unique as the Gherkin, we are currently recruiting for a General Manager to oversee the entire operations which consist of the bar, restaurant and event business, in line with financial and operational budgets.
Success in this role will be achieved through the successful candidate having an entrepreneurial spirit, with exceptional knowledge of the conference and events industry.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- General Management experience from a city-based venue with a strong sales mix of both events and retail.
- Effective management of a large team, which is split across Chefs, front of house, guest reservations, event planning and sales
- Financial accountability within a multi-faceted high-volume operation of £5 million as an absolute minimum
- Demonstrable achievements of driving guest satisfaction and building a reputation for the venue or restaurant around this
- Expert knowledge of trends across food and beverage is essential for this role
- Meticulous attention to detail
In return, we are offering a highly competitive salary and renumeration package for this role which will be discussed with you upon application.