General Manager – Honourable Artillery Company
Searcys operations team are delighted to confirm that we have been appointed as the new caterers at the Honourable Artillery Company, where all events and meetings will be lavishly catered for by Searcys.
The unique, historic venue in Moorgate was originally founded in 1537, and is a registered charity with a membership association, which still maintains an active regiment as a core part of today’s Army Reserve. The catering contract at HAC offers a host of dedicated members’ services, which include a newly designed member’s lounge, concierge service, as well as a restaurant committed to serving seasonally changing, reinvented British classics.
In addition to this, the magnificent Georgian mansion is set within a five-acre hidden garden. Inside the historic building, the Armoury House, the Prince Consort Rooms and the Artillery Garden rooms can accommodate lavish parties of 10 to 700 guests. Outside, the stunning garden offers the perfect setting for weddings, summer parties and sporting events for up to 5,000 guests.
We are looking to recruit a General Manager to join the team on a full time, permanent basis. As General Manager, you will be responsible for the commercial contract, which includes the members lounge, restaurant and events space. You will oversee all front of house and back of house operations, and be accountable for ensuring that Searcys have a strong relationship with our client at the Honourable Artillery Company, whilst upholding our standards and expectations and ensuring that these are exceeded at all times.
Benefits of joining Searcys as a General Manager:
- £55,000 per annum plus bonus
- Career development opportunities within venue or across Searcys venues which include B&I, Retail, Restaurant and Conference & Event venues
- Training and development programmes
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- 33 days annual leave
- 25% discount across our venues
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following experience as a General Manager:
- Proven experience in running a commercial contract as a General Manager, ideally within the City
- Experience of managing a commercial contract that includes restaurant, retail and events that has had a quality food and service offering
- Experience in operating a large multi-faceted venue
- Experience of leading a large team across front of house and back of house operations
- Demonstrable experience of improving standards and service within a commercial catering contract
- Previous management of client relationships on site is desirable