- London, England
The Barbican is Europe’s largest multi arts centre and Searcys are delighted to be the sole caterer for events that take place across this impressive and iconic London venue. The Barbican has a range of auditoria, rooms and spaces that can be hired for a wide variety of events, from conferences, AGMs, photoshoots and product launches to meetings, receptions and weddings – set in one of the most iconic brutalist buildings in the world.
We are currently recruiting for a General Manager to oversee the entire operations which consist of all events that are held at the Barbican and two restaurants, Bonfire and Osteria.
Success in this role will be achieved through the successful candidate having an entrepreneurial spirit, with exceptional knowledge of the events industry from an iconic events venue. Restaurant experience is desirable, however not essential for this role. Attention to detail is imperative for this role across all aspects of the operation.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- General Management experience from a city based, iconic events venue, retail operations would be desirable
- Effective management of a large team, which is split across Chefs, front of house, event planning and sales
- Experience of finance and costings within an events venue, with an understanding of the complexity of ensuring the structure of this is accurate and in line with budgets
- Experienced manager of delivering exceptional delivery against budget a budget of circa £5 million as an absolute minimum
- Expert knowledge of trends across food and beverage is essential for this role
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Client relationships and building a rapport internally is essential for this role
General Manager benefits:
- £65,000 per annum plus 15% bonus
- Private health cover
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 33 days annual leave
- Training & development