Head Chef – Weston Park
- Full Time, Permanent
- Competitive dependent on experience
Weston Park is an independent Charitable Trust, which is set among 1,000 acres of landscaped parkland, which is rich in history, and has an internationally important art collection, alongside all the grandeur you would expect from a stately home, with a modern outlook.
Searcys operations team are delighted to confirm that we have been appointed as the new caterers at Weston Park, where all events will be lavishly catered for within the main house, in addition to two retail units, The Granary Grill restaurant and our newly launched bakery.
Searcys was founded in 1847 by John Searcy, making us the longest serving independent food service provider in the UK. We operate a number of very exciting venues such as Blenheim Palace, Historic Bath, St. Paul’s Cathedral and the Gherkin.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and forward-thinking Head Chef to join us on our new venture with the client at Weston Park, to drive and surpass the events and retail offer available.
Events at Weston Park are held within the main house and Orangery. Weston Park is a sought-after venue for weddings, birthdays and celebrations and ticketed events, across the local and surrounding counties. With Searcys management teams’ expertise across historic and iconic venues across the UK, we are enthusiastic to begin creating event packages which offer seasonal menu development which will exceed guests expectations.
The Head Chef role will be responsible for the full financial and operational productivity of the events kitchen operation within the main house, whilst supporting the Head Chef who will oversee the retail units of the Bakery and the Grill restaurant within the grounds.
Head Chef Benefits:
• Competitive salary dependant on experience
• Live in accommodation available
• Up to 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
• Company pension scheme
• BUPA (employee only)
• 25% discount across Searcys venues
• Company training and development
• Fantastic venue from Searcys portfolio
Head Chef profile:
• Experience as a Senior Sous Chef/Head Chef within an events kitchen operation is essential
• Previous experience within a sought after wedding/events venue is essential, where key disciplines around quality, innovation and menu design become second nature
• Confident in planning, organising, costing, and managing events whilst ensuring that these are within budget
• Experience of designing and delivering new menu concepts
• Previous involvement and presence at client/owner meetings, regarding current trends, new menu proposals, tastings etc
• Hold exceptional knowledge, drive and passion for quality for events