Honourable Artillery Company
- London, England
The HAC is quite unlike any other City venue; a magnificent Georgian house set in a five-acre garden hidden away in a quiet location just a couple of minutes’ walk from Moorgate.
Inside this unique, historic London venue offers a wide variety of event spaces for everything from conferences, meetings and awards dinners to summer and Christmas parties and of course wedding ceremonies and receptions. From small meeting rooms for 10 people through to the Prince Consort Rooms which seats up to 400 guests, the HAC is able to offer the perfect setting for every type of event.
Outside the stunning five-acre Artillery Garden provides the ideal backdrop for all these events as well as being available to hire for sports such as cricket, rugby, softball and football as well as company fun days, team building and barbecues.
The Events & Sales team at the venue comprise of four industry experts that are responsible for selling and planning all events that take place at the HAC. As Events Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Sales and Marketing Manager with planning large events that take place in the Prince Consort Rooms, in addition to selling the venue. This role has a nice blend of both events and sales, which is split circa 60% event planning and 40% selling of the venue.
In this role as Events Manager, you will gain experience of working in a large, busy, prestigious venue. There is a variety of events that take place within the venue, therefore this is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience of:
- Working within a prestigious large venue within London
- Event planning for large events
- Catering and venue space sales experience
- Planning and attending exhibitions and trade shows to support the sales plan for the venue
- Account management is highly desirable
- Managing internal and external client expectations
- Meticulous eye for detail
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a Senior/Event Sales Executive who is looking for their next career move
- A proactive team player who is willing to support others as needed
- Working within a team of 3 – 4 is desirable
In return Searcys offer a competitive package which consists of:
- £29,000 per annum
- 20% sales incentive bonus
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- 25% discount across Searcys venues
- Meals provided
The recruitment process for this role will be two stages. To apply, please submit your CV online and a member of the management team will be in touch with you to discuss your application further.