Deputy Operations Manager – Conference & Banqueting
30 Euston Square
- Royal College Of General Practitioners - NW1 2FB
- Full Time
- £32,000 - £36,000 per annum
30 Euston Square, the prestigious headquarters to the Royal College of General Practitioners, is a Grade II* listed award winning events venue based in Central London adjacent to Euston Station.
With over 30 meeting and events spaces and 41 bedrooms on site, the team delivered over 1400 successful events yr-on-year. Searcys at 30 Euston Square are the onsite caterer for all occasions, which include meetings, training, conferences, private dining and social events.
An opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Operations Manager to join the team, to assist the Operations Manager to deliver seamless service to all areas of the conference and events department. This is a full time, permanent role reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
Deputy Operations Manager responsibilities:
- Plan, organise and deliver a successful operation of the events, dining rooms and other areas within the conference and banqueting department with the assistance of the relevant department heads
- Liaise with the wider team to deliver exceptional service that exceeds client expectations.
- Brief the conference and banqueting team and oversee the running of all events, workings lunches and dining
- Meet clients on arrival making sure that the event is, as they require, and ensuring that any on the day changes are passed on to the relevant people where necessary
- Assist with the development of the waiting staff team, and ensure they are training on all areas of delivering exceptional service
- Ensure that all legislative and Government guidelines are adhered to, including The Food Safety Act, Health and Safety at Work Act, COSHH etc.
- Manage effectively and courteously with customer complaints, and to refer all complaints to the Operations Manager
- Carry out regular checks of the events areas for maintenance, housekeeping and other health and safety issues. Report to the Business Service helpdesk and the events manager.
- Ensure in house accounting policies are adhered to and monitor food and beverage control, including performing stock take. Including stock take of linen.
- Ensure your department/team are in compliance with Searcys cash handling and cashing up procedures and that any discrepancies are reported immediately to your line manager.
- Responsible in monitoring agency staff, ensure that time sheets are filled correctly and processed for payment
The ideal candidate for this role will have a wealth of experience as either a Hospitality Manager or Deputy Operations Manager, within a well-established conference and events venue within the City. It is essential that the successful candidate has experience of managing a large team.
In return we offer a competitive salary, 28 days annual leave, company pension scheme, 25% discount across Searcys venues plus many more! To apply please apply via Ibelong@searcys.co.uk and a member of the management team will be in touch.