Deputy General Manager – One Moorgate Place
One Moorgate Place (ICAEW - Institute Of Chartered Accountants England & Wales)
- Moorgate - London
- Full Time
- £45,000 per annum
One Moorgate Place is a unique venue, which is the headquarters of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). The ICAEW brings together over 120 years of tradition with state of the art conference and events facilities.
Searcys are proud to collaborate with the ICAEW to provide hospitality services at One Moorgate Place. Our services include the operation of a member’s café, private members lounge, and all conference, events and hospitality that take place at the venue.
We are now looking to recruit a Deputy General Manager to join the team, reporting directly to the General Manager supporting the day-to-day operation of the café and private members lounge, in addition to providing support to the hospitality department as and when required. The café serves approximately 200 covers per day to our shared members and staff, and our brand new members and staff club lounge, includes a cocktail bar with formal seating approximately 35 covers and informal seating of approximately 30 covers. The lounge is a contemporary design offering breakfast, lunch and dinner with an extensive wine, cocktail and drinks list.
As Deputy General Manager your role will involve:
- Assist the General Manager in the running of the business and take responsibility for leading the retail café and private member lounge operation
- Day to day line management of the retail café team, events operations manager and provide management support to the wider hospitality teams
- Inspire, develop and nurture talent within the team, in order to support a culture of service excellence to all of our clients at all times
- Support the General Manager with any HR related queries for the site and manage our HR platform, including adding new starters, leavers onto the payroll system and ensure all due diligence checks are completed with the support of HR
- Financial administration to include, payroll, processing invoices, inputting stock take figures
- Ensure all company and client policies and procedures are adhered to regarding Health & Safety
- Build a strong rapport with the client and support team, to ensure that a professional and reliable relationship is established
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Management experience within contract catering, B&I, restaurant, hotel or hospitality industry
- Sound knowledge Health & Safety compliance and procedures
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- A ‘Can do’ attitude
- Strong financial and commercial
In return we are able to offer a competitive salary of up to £45,000 per annum, 33 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays, contributory pension scheme, 25% discount across Searcys venues, and the opportunity to grow and develop their career.