Deputy General Manager
- Alnwick, England
Searcys are the official caterers at Alnwick Garden where we deliver the catering and hospitality for events. In addition to this we also operate John Searcys bakery, the Pavilion café and Treehouse restaurant.
As a business one of our visions is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets, which could not be achieved without our people.
We are looking to recruit a Deputy General Manager, to join the senior leadership team reporting directly to the General Manager to ensure profitability of the contract and ensure our clients expectations are exceeded.
As Deputy General Manager you will have responsibility for the overall management of the restaurant, retail outlets and events. Success in this role will be achieved through strong management of the day to day operations, financial performance, Health & Safety, marketing and the people that work to deliver exceptional service.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Maintain and improve the overall standards for customer service across events, retail and the restaurant
- Provide commercial direction to the business
- Develop our offers to ensure customers needs are met
- Lead the management team to excel across all areas of the business
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Management experience within a commercial catering contract
- Strong commercial awareness and experience of managing a P&L account
- Excellent understanding of catering finances; costing, production, yields, wastage etc
- Competent systems user across people/accounting/EPOS
- Strong leadership skills, with the natural ability to motivate and coach a team
- Sound knowledge Health & Safety compliance and procedures
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
In return we are able to offer a competitive salary dependant on experience, competitive annual leave allowance inclusive of Bank Holidays, contributory pension scheme, 25% discount across Searcys venues, and the opportunity to grow and develop a career within the catering and hospitality industry.