Chef De Partie
Searcys at the Gherkin
- London, England
Designed by Foster & Partners 15 years ago the Gherkin is one of London’s most iconic skyscrapers. Searcys are privileged to operate the restaurant Helix, bar Iris and private dining rooms within this iconic building.
We are looking to recruit Chef De Parties who are passionate about delivering exceptional food to our guests that visit us; whether this is for a memorable dining experience in our restaurant or for our wonderful functions.
Cooking on the 37th floor with the banqueting/events team, your role will play a pivotal part in ensuring that we exceed our guests expectations each and every time.
This is a Monday - Sunday operation where our lunch setting is 12.30pm - 2pm or dinner 6pm - 10pm.
As a Chef De Partie your role will involve:
- Responsibility for the day to day running of any given section as requested by the senior team
- Preparing and presenting our menu choices to an excellent standard – the quality of our dishes should never be compromised
- Ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum and assist with ordering
- Ensuring that the cleanliness, stock control, organisation and standards of the section is excellent
- Supporting the senior team in ensuring that service runs efficiently and effectively at all times, and ensure that relevant feedback is communicated
- Supporting the front of house team in ensuring all guests expectations are exceeded
The ideal candidate for the role;
- Previous experience as a Chef De Partie is essential, banqueting/events experience is desirable
- Passionate about local and fresh food with an eye for detail
- Demonstrate a loyal approach to the development of our food and service
- Enthusiastic team player, who works well within a team
- Creative and driven, with a desire to progress
- Strong communication skills
- £27,000 per annum, inclusive of if Chefs work the Sunday brunch service they will receive an additional £100 per shift
- Overtime available
- 7 shifts working 45 hours per week
- 25% discount across Searcys venues
- Meals provided at work
- Training and development opportunities