Cafe Manager – The Oxfordshire Pantry at Blenheim Palace
- Woodstock - Oxfordshire
- Full Time - Permanent
Blenheim Palace, famed as the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill and current home to the 12th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough is one of Searcys most prestigious catering contracts. Dudley Clifford, General Manager for Searcys operates and manages with his team the Orangery Restaurant, Pleasure Gardens Pizza Café, and Water Terrace Café and the Oxfordshire Pantry. In addition to this we also cater for events within the Palace.
An opportunity has arisen for a Retail Café Manager to manage the Oxfordshire Pantry which is a high volume café as this is the first point of call for guests who visit the Palace. As a Café Manager you will take accountability for the day to day operation and financial performance of the Café.
As a Retail Café Manager, you will be responsible for;
- Ensuring you and your team deliver exceptional service to all guests
- Proactively review the performance of the café and identify opportunities to develop
- Recruit, train and manage your core team and ensure that staff rotas are scheduled, to guarantee the retail café is ready and open for business on time every operating day
- Liaise with the wider team to ensure the provision of food and service is consistent and in line with the menu and standards for the café
- Responsible for placing orders directly with suppliers within the departmental budget
- Ensure in house accounting policies are adhered to and monitor food and beverage control, in addition to responsibility for the weekly stock take for the department
- Complete catering administration, which will include banking and financial reporting to your line managers.
This role would suit an experienced branded retail manager, who can bring a wealth of experience to the role, to ensure that as a team we not only deliver exceptional food and service to our guests but also implement best practice.
Alongside a great career opportunity, we also offer a competitive salary of £24,000 – £25,000 per annum, 28 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays), company pension scheme, 25% discount across our venues, meal whilst on shift, plus many more!