Brand Development Chef
- London, England
Searcys’ iconic restaurants, Champagne bars and events have a world-renowned, long-standing reputation for quality and innovation. Venues include the original in-station Champagne bar at St Pancras, the symbolic city landmark The Gherkin, as well as cafes and restaurants in two World Heritage Sites, Blenheim Palace and The Roman Baths. Founded in 1847, Searcys is one of the UK’s longest-running event caterers and restaurateurs.
Using seasonal and high-quality produce, our chefs re-imagine and reinvent the modern British dishes we all know and love. The recently awarded Two Star Food Made Good rating by the Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA) accreditation is a testament to how provenance and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We are currently looking to recruit a Brand Development Chef/Corporate Executive Chef to join Searcys, reporting directly to our Chef Director.
As Brand Development Chef, you will be responsible for:
- Support tender processes, proposals and presentations
- Supporting venue mobilisations
- Development and implementation of brand guides
- Provide Head Chef support to venues as and when required
- Plan, organise and deliver seasonal pop ups
- Coach, develop and mentor Searcys Head Chefs
- Manage our apprenticeship programme
- Deliver central culinary training courses and continuously develop these and identify key focus areas within the skill set of our existing teams
- Implement and drive seasonal marketing initiatives
- Manage compliance across the venues and conduct audits
- Review and audit as agreed with the Chef Director on site specifications and costings
Suitable candidates will have experience of;
- Experience of a similar group/development Chef role
- Head Chef experience across restaurants and events venues is highly desirable
- Head Chef of a medium to large venue (either restaurants or events)
- Able to demonstrate success in their career through development of their teams
- Stable career history, with evident achievements
- Understanding of tender processes and mobilisations is highly desirable
- Full clean driving licence is highly desirable as this role does involve travel
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus bonus dependent on experience, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, company pension scheme contributions, discounts across Searcys venues and high street discounts via Searcys company portal. This is a Monday – Friday role, however candidates will need to be flexible regarding their working hours and working weekends, to meet the demands of the business.