Apprentice Commis Chef
- Blenheim Palace
- Full Time
- £292.50 per week
Situated in Woodstock – Oxfordshire, and surrounded by tranquil landscaped gardens, Blenheim Palace is a true masterpiece of 18th Century Baroque architecture. Home to the 12th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough and the birth place of Sir Winston Churchill, Blenheim is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Searcys are looking to appoint an Apprentice Commis Chef at their prestigious Blenheim Palace Restaurant to work alongside qualified chefs, by assisting in all aspects of food preparation and production, using top quality ingredients in a beautiful location.
As an Apprentice Commis Chef with Searcys at Blenheim Palace your role will involve the following duties:
- Learn different procedures of food preparation
- Prepare ingredients for dishes upon the instructions of Chefs
- Make sure that food supplies are stored properly and used resourcefully
- Ensure that food items are properly rotated in refrigerators and any near expiry ones are dealt with according to the restaurant’s policies
- Help chefs in cooking activities by providing input and managing work
- Set up food stations by following Chef’s orders
- Make sure that recipes are followed properly during food preparation and cooking time
- Handle portion control requirements and presentation standards
- Arrange food items aesthetically on serving plates
- Make sure that the kitchen is clean and organized at all times
- Ensure that best food practices and kitchen hygiene protocols are adhered to
- Provide guidance to kitchen staff in upholding high culinary standards
- Assist our Chefs in developing menus and provide suggestions for alternates such as sauces and levels of spice for each entrée
- Make sure that all leftover food is stored properly
- Assist in checking food deliveries for both quantity and quality standards
- Provide input into stock rotation activities and make sure that food inventory is in check
- Learn and employ the basics of food aesthetics in sync with the restaurant’s set instructions
What are we looking for in our Apprentice Commis Chefs?
You will have a genuine passion and interest in food, and enjoy working as part of a team. You will have a positive “can do” attitude, and have excellent communication skills! In addition to this, you must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established company, where you can gain experience within one of the UK’s most iconic venues. Once you have completed your Level 2 Commis Chef training, you will then have the opportunity to develop your Chef career further with us.
In return we offer a full time opportunity, and offer a salary of £292.50 per week.