- Full Time
- £292.50 per week
Searcys are the longest-running independent catering company in Britain and continue to set the standards for excellence in hospitality. We manage bars, restaurants, hotels and events at venues across London in prestigious locations such as; the Barbican Centre, the Gherkin and St Paul’s Cathedral to name a few, in addition to venues located outside of London such as The Assembly Rooms and Pump Room in Bath and Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire.
As a Company our Brand vision is to make the people we serve and work with, feel special by being consistently exceptional.
A position is available to join the team at Searcys as an apprentice commis chef to assist the Head Chef / Sous Chef in the kitchen and ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained.
As an Apprentice Commis Chef working within one of Searcys venues your role will involve the following duties:
• Assisting the preparation and cooking of menu items as directed by the Head / Sous Chef.
• Assisting the development and planning of menus, including future food trends and be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
• Support the team with stock taking when required.
• Ensure that you are efficiently running your section smoothly throughout service
• Ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
• Ensure that you are customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
• Be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary and to treat members of the team at location as you would expect to be treated.
• Gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
• Ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
• Adhere to the company’s Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
• Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
What are we looking for in our Apprentice Commis Chefs?
You will have a genuine passion and interest in food, and enjoy working as part of a team. You will have a positive “can do” attitude, and have excellent communication skills! In addition to this, you must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established company, where you can gain experience within some of London’s most iconic venues. Once you have completed your Level 2 Commis Chef training, you will then have the opportunity to develop your Chef career further with us.
In return we offer a full time opportunity, and offer a salary of £292.50 per week.