Head Of Reservations & Retail Sales
- London - City
- Full Time
- Up to £40,000 per annum
Designed by Foster & Partners 15 years ago the Gherkin is one of London’s most iconic skyscrapers. Searcys were privileged to open the original restaurant and event space, and this year we are celebrating the launch of its new restaurant Helix, bar Iris and private dining rooms.
Reporting to the Head of Sales for Searcys at the Gherkin, we are looking to recruit a Head of Reservation & Retail Sales on a full time, permanent basis. This is a customer focused, proactive sales role and will work closely with the relevant departments to ensure effective management of the guest reservations and retail sales department.
Head of Reservation & Retail Sales role responsibilities:
- Generate and contribute retail sales which will achieve Searcys at the Gherkins’ monthly, quarterly and annual budget
- Contribute to the venue business planning process working with the Head of Sales & Business Development Manager
- Responsible for retail client account development and to be proactive on the acquisition of new business opportunities for the retail business at the Gherkin
- Maximise all revenue opportunities across retail leisure and corporate business
- Participate in retail sales forecasting, planning, researching and goal setting for the venue
- Develop an excellent knowledge of the local retail market and implement a local prospecting plan to develop new business
- Maintain strong relationships with other key retail venue finding agencies to increase the conversion level and revenue
- Ensure that goals and objectives are set for the reservations team and carry out daily/monthly departmental meetings
- Ensure that all new starters are effectively inducted into the department, and identify training needs any carry out quality training and coaching sessions
The ideal candidate for this role will have proven retail sales experience within a high profile London venue across the City, where you are able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the industry regarding trends, competitors and have a solid industry network. In addition to this, experience of managing a team is desirable as this role will oversee the guest reservation team.
In return, we offer a competitive salary of up to £40,000 per annum plus 20% bonus, 28 days annual leave, 25% discount across Searcys venues, company pension scheme, and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills and experience within one of London’s most iconic venues.